MobileBackup - Mobile application for backing-up and restoring/importing contacts, calendar events and TODOs to/from a text file using the vCard/vCalendar standard on mobile phones supporting the optional FileConnection and PIM APIs (JSR 75).
What's New in This Release:
· Added help (a menu and the help.txt itself).
· Added the ability to restore either from the backup created by this midlet of from any list of vcalendar and/or vevent entries as long as they're supported by the phone. The restore process parses the special heading lines with PIM list name created by MobileBackup and uses them to store the entries into those particular lists (such as SMS or Telephone for a contact entry). If they aren't present, the mobile's default list is used (device-specific). The file to restore from is expected to be < selected file root >/Backup/Backup.txt. Restored entries are appended to the mobile phone, nothing is deleted or updated.
· Debug is true by default; I believe the additional info is not a problem for a user and can provide valuable insight in the case of a problem
· Updated build.xml to include help etc..
· Changed dependency on CLDC to 1.1 from 1.0 to have Thread.interrupt() in RestoreScreen. If needed, this ability to interrupt can be removed and dependency set back to 1.0. Don't know if there is any serious issue trying to run this on CLDC 1.0 mobile.
· 'Start' button on the backup screen removed after start to prevent confusion (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
· added a message that backup has started when started to avoid confusion due to the message "Press Start to backup" (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «John Dickson, Jakub Holy»:
Kontacts This program backups your contacts to a server, so if you accidentally lose or corrupt your contacts, you can restore them
Contact backup and unlimited messaging Search your phonebook on multiple fields like company name, url, email etc to find the contact you are looking for. Send messages to your friends mobile anywhere in the world on OTAM, at prices less than a local message, Get OTAM now www.otam.in/d
mSync (Java) Use mSync to back up your files, contacts, and settings
MemoryUp 240x400 Un applicazione molto utile che libera un po' di memoria RAM del telefono
Pleex Pleex protects your mobile content by backing your mobile data and enables you to share them on various social networks!
Messaging platform OTAM helps you to send free message anywhere in the world over gprs. Messages can be sent / received from computer as well. More over you can backup your contacts so u need not worry about loosing important contacts
Comments on MobileBackup:
Comments not found
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen